I am currently a senior marketing major at Northern Illinois University, located in Dekalb, IL. To go along with my bachelor's in marketing, I am pursing my interests in technology by completing my digital marketing certification as well. In addition to my studies I have worked part-time through school along with partaking in school organizations, such as being a member of Delta Chi fraternity. After graduation in May 2021, I hope to land a full-time job in my area of study.
Education and Work Experience
Northern Illinois University
B.S of Marketing Fall 2017- Spring 2021
Digital Marketing Certificate
Experience with Microsoft Programs
Northern Illinois Academic Scholar Award recipient
Strong written and oral language
Completed coursework in Management, Finance, Operations Management & Information Systems, and Accounting
October 2015- Now
· Understanding of most departments including: Service Advocate, all aspects of General Merchandise, Fulfillment, Style, Inbound, Presentation, and Signing.
· Handling customer's orders and making sure they are served quickly and efficiently.
· Provide great customer service.
· Set, push, and zone aisles.
· Make sure every customer leaves feeling satisfied and accomplished.
· Build and maintain effective working relationships with peers and upper management.
· Complete additional learning opportunities to advance knowledge and move into senior team member position.
· Upheld high standards of productivity and quality in all areas of operations.
· Using company equipment include pallet jacks, WAV, and compactor.
Lakewood Springs Homeowner's Association
May 2015-August 2018
· Created and checked ID cards.
· Worked independently, opened, and closed on my own.
· Trained newly hired room attendants on company policies, cleaning procedures and customer service techniques.
· Welcomed guests, provided answers to questions, and anticipated guests' service needs.
Skills and Achievements
I was accepted to the Dean's List for having a semester GPA equating to 3.75+ and was a full time student in Fall 2020. A huge personal achievement considering the transition to online learning as well as working on my development at Target.
During my active membership of the Delta Chia Fraternity, I worked in several different roles to help me become a better leader. As social chair, I planned events, accepted payments, created guest lists, and made sure all events ran smoothly. In addition, by managing the fraternity's Instagram page, I was able to improve my digital marketing skills in a hands-on fashion.
To understand what is takes to be a great leader, I believe it is important to put yourself in another person's shoes. Due to this, I believe it's extremely important to give back to the community. I make regular donations of goods as well as my time to my local food pantry and animal shelters.